ROSARITO Childrens Article #4 Christmas Party
Rosarito Childrens Orphanage Christmas
Merry Christmas from The Children of Rosarito Childrens Center
Dec. 19th was the day that was set for the Christmas Party for the kids who belong to the The New Horizon Childrens Center in Rosarito Mexico.
The children are either orphans or kids that have lived in an abusive home situation which has caused them to be relocated to a protective home enviroment.
It was about 3 months ago that The Gringo Gazette Newspaper
published an article about a group of kids who got mange and were trying to pay for $60.00 worth of medicine from a monthly budget of $400.00.
"Wow, is that for real", I thought.
It did not take long to see that it in fact was true and that these kids were living a very humble life with no heat, hot water, warm jackets and blankets etc...
It was rough and it was a very heart wrenching experience to see what these kids were making do with for daily living.
It was either fate or super good luck that The Gringo Gazette decided to publish some of the photos we had taken on the first trip showing the 6 jackets the 22 kids were sharing along with the conditions of the bathrooms etc...
Since then it has been a constant barrage of good will and donations to the point where it has been completely overwelming.
Now it is Christmas and all the kids have warm blankets, warm jackets, warm clothes, shoes (see below:-)), Hot water for showers, new toilets and sinks in the bathroom, and the list keeps going.
Today is December 19th, the day set aside for the kids to enjoy a great Christmas Party put on by the amazing group of volunteers who have come to help these kids out.
Come take a walk around and check out the excitement and presents for the kids.
Want to see the story from the beginning?Click Here
and check out our first stories and photos
Here is Beatrice Morales, the director of the New Horizon Childrens Center.
She is the main house "Mom" for all the little kids in the shelter.
She and her husband Oscar started the place about 7 years ago when they noticed children digging through their garbage.
Her efforts have gone a long long way and she could not be more deserving of some good news and help from such a large group of kind and loving people.
Their were again at least 5 car and truckloads of wrapped gifts, clothes, shoes and a host of other items for the kids Christmas.
Brand new shoes for each child were given as a gift with all the latest cool designs with Spiderman and Superman.
Brand new bikes for every child!
"Wow is that cool or what"?
A church group from the states came down about 2 days earlier with 22 brand new bikes, (one for each child) and in addition to dropping them off, they also stayed to build each one so they were all ready to go!
And of course more warm clothes and jackets were given to the kids.
Toys, Toys and more Toys!
There were bags and bags of new and wrapped toys.
Beatrice was being a good Mom and not allowing the gifts to be opened until Christmas.
The gifts were awesome, but the best part was the interaction of kids and adults for hours of playing and hanging out.
Many of the kind people who brought donations also brought their families and spent time talking to the kids and getting to know them.
That to me was the best gift these kids were receiving was some caring people wanting to know about them and what was going on in their little lives.
Here some of the volunteers walk through the complex with their own kids playing and meeting the children at the shelter.
More loving interaction with the volunteers and the kids as they have lunch.
Jesus and his wife greet Beatrice as she makes her way around greeting the days guests and thanking them for all of their gifts and kindness.
Jesus and his wife spent hours playing with the kids out back here and making the kids feel special wanting to know all about them and what their interests and hobbies were.
John was with us on our second visit and when he saw how little food the kids have he took it upon himself to go drum up support and contributions for food to help the kids out.
He has gotten big places like Henry's in Chula Vista to donate 100lbs of beans and rice every month to the kids.
Today however he is bringing a carload of toys, clothes and gifts for the kids.
This little girl had just been taken out of her home and was not in very good spirits.
"This is going to be my first girl in the facility", Beatrice said.
We had talked about when she would do that and it was obvious she was secure enough now to take on other kids who badly needed a safe place to live.
We just kept throwing gifts at her until she could muster a smile.
"This little girl will be in very good hands with Beatrice", I thought knowing the transition and the next few days would be tough for the little kid.
All the kind words and happy faces started to slowly rub off and she was finally able to muster up this small smile.
The kids playing in the courtyard area.
"Hey we have a ton of extra stuff that they already have and can't use and it looks like we have a ton of extra gifts too", Rick said to me as we were getting close to unloading.
"We should go up and visit Mario in the La Gloria section of Tijuana", I said thinking this would be the best chance to deliver 2 Christmas parties at once.
"Good idea he said as we made a plan to load up one truck with the extra stuff and make a dash up to the orphange which was run by DIF, the social services department.
As we headed out we watched the the kids happily playing with all the kids and adults which came to visit.
Tijuana here we come!
The 28 children of La Gloria (Casa Emanuel) Orphanage:
This orphange is run by DIF and I thought that they provide money to this place but they do not.
This place has 1 refrigerator and no freezer.
The windows in the place need replacement and this place needs a lot of help.
Much more help than I thought the last time I visited here.
"They live from donations", and do not get money each month tro run on", Rick said seeing I wrote that DIF also helped support them.
"DIF places them here, but this place runs on volunteers and donations", he said.
"This would be one of the next places on the list to get donations to", I thought knowing their were at least 3-4 more truckloads of clothes and donations in the states waiting to be delivered.
Unloading the gifts!
We had so many extra toys that it filled up the truck.
The kids were super excited to see out truck roll up and they all came out running to help us unload.
There are 25 boys and just 2 little girls.
We made sure we had some goodies and toys for girls too!
Here are the two little girls posing for a photo.
The smile of happy kids getting a suprise Christmas Party when none was expected.....Priceless!
Here is a look at some of the gifts the kids got which lined the tables in the dining area.
Bob, Silvia (volunteer caregiver for the kids) and Rick pose for a photo with Mario and his little buddies below.
There was no shortage of smiles on this day.
More toys and happy smiling faces!
This little boy gets ready to play the new Shrek Video they got.
The other kids find a spot in the living room to hang out and watch the movie.
Bob plays with "Goofy", the house dog.
We need more help!
I know that we have gotten 100x more than we ever expected but there are more places like this that need immediate assistance.
Here are the windows in the boys dorm room. They do not close because of faulty window frames and there is a large draft coming through here.
This place also has no heat and they need blankets asap.
Each child has one warm blanket, but when you have open air drafts in 40 degree weather or less, that is not enough.
If you have the ability to donate blankets or help fixing the windows please email us here
call Mario or Silvia direct at
They would love to hear from you and can help with directions and anything else you need to find them.
Mario is one of the nicest guys I have ever met.
He was orphaned when he was 3 years old and was raised in this orphange and now is the "big brother", for the place taking care of all the kids and watching over them to make sure they behave and get to school etc...
he wqas adopted by an Amercian woman and after almost 15 years of legal wrangling, he will soon have his papers and be able to visit her in the states.
"We need help badly", said Silvia (photo above)
Food is the main thing that is a common theme for places being short on.
"Sometimes we get donations and sometimes we go without", she said "There is no regular source of food and funding coming in and we can use all the help and donations we can get". Current needs at the La Gloria (Casa Emanuel) Orphanage in Tijuana:
Food (all the basics including sugar, cooking oil, rice, beans, etc. etc.).
A Refrigeration and freezer (badly needed).
Pots, pans and containers. Plates, utensils,
cups, glasses, etc.
Cleaning supplies (liquids, brooms, mops, etc.)
Blankets -badly needed.
Clothes (everything) and shoes.
Personal hygiene items (towels,
bar soap, shampoo, tooth paste, etc.).
Repairs: roof, windows (broken)
curtains, rugs, etc.
Contact Casa Emanuel
Don't plan on leaving Mexico without emotional tweaks!
It really does not matter how hard you try to do good and help out, there is always something that will hit you out of the blue and stay with you when you travel into these sections of Mexico.
"That little boy speaks english and is American", Bob replied as we were geeting ready to leave.
"What" I thought, "A little boy who speaks english?".
"How cool, someone I can talk to", I thought as I went over to say hello to ther boy and greet him.
It did not take long to find out that this little boy had Amercian parents who had dropped him off and "dumped him in Mexico".
"They were drug addicts", Mario said.
It was obvious that this little boy did not look Mexican like the other kids in the orphanage.
"They were smart enough to know that if they tried that in the states they would be arrested", I thought.
"Mario, let me get a photo with you and the little boy so I can put his face on the website and tell his story.
The photo above is with Mario and the little boy whose parents dropped him off in Mexico.
He is in good loving hands with Mario, but he is obviously going through some very hard times and could use some love from a family in the states or in Mexico.
Contact Casa Emanuel
A DIF Mural on the way out of Tijuana showing how they help kids.
Get the answers on home selling and buying.
* Pacific Beach MAP|
* TOWER23 Rooms & Reservations
* Pacific Beach Clothing Boutiques & Places to Shop
* Pacific Beach Real Estate Search
* Pacific Beach Restaurants, Bars & Places to Eat
* FREE LONG DISTANCE Calling Service
* Pacific Beach Vacation Rental Search
* TOWER23 Hotel Info
* Pacific Beach Hotel & Resort Search
* Creating a Sustainable Economy & Future
* Earth Ecosystem Report
* Habitat for Humanity Home Rebuilding Program
* Pacific Beach & San Diego Upcoming Events
* San Diego City Parks & Permit Info
* Mission Bay Parks and Permit Info
* Banana Bungelow Youth Hostel PB
* Live San Diego & Pacific Beach Weather Images
* Pacific Beach Shopping
* Mission Beach Community Information
* Pacific Beach Town Council
* Mission Beach Town Council
* China Inn Chinese Restaurant PB
* Pacific Beach Restaurants
* Sinbad Cafe 1050 Garnet Ave
* Pacific Beach Lifeguard Info
* Pacific Beach Elementary School
* FREE San Diego Classifieds
* Mission Beach Women's Club
* Shop Pacific Beach.com
* Shop Mission Beach.com
* We Love PB.com
* San Diego Golf Tee Times
* Ocean Beach Online Site Map
* Website Statistics
* Pacific Beach Jet Ski & Water Rentals
* Surfrider Foundation San Diego
* I Love a Clean San Diego .org
* San Diego Airport
* San DIego Parks
* An Afternoon in Ocean Beach "92107"
* Chateau De Meow Cat Animal Shelter
* Real Estate Links
* Ocean Beach Online
* Mission Beach Online
* Pacific Beach Online
* San Diego Hotels
Newport Ave. Ocean Beach
Ocean Beach Pier Photos #1
Ocean Beach Pier #2
Ocean Beach Pier Photos #3
Ocean Beach Pier #4
Home Page Photos
* Ocean Beach Business Directory
PB PowerHouse Gym
Baja Animal Sanctuary
Baja Animals #2
Baja Animals #3
Baja Animals #4
* Denver Real Estate
Ocean Beach Web Cam
PB Mortgage Center
History of Pacific Beach
Galoka Restaurant Pacific Beach
Mission Beach Girls
* Introducing Joe Mystic
* Cantina Pacific Beach
Pacific Beach Mortgage Center
* The Mission 2 Cafe
* San Diego discount hotels
* Pacific Beach hotels
* Catamaran Resort Hotel
* Pacific Beach car rentals
Pacific Beach Vacation Homes
* SeaWorld San Diego
* Pacific Beach Block Party
* Plastic Clothing
San Diego Stays.com
* Surfer Girl Photos
* Mission Beach Concierge
* Mission Beach Girls
* San Diego Zoo
* San Diego Wild Animal Park
* Paciific Beach Online Photos
* Moondoggies Pacific Beach
* Over the Line 2003 Photos
Kabuki Sushi Restaurant
Karinya Thai Restaurant
Pacific Bean Coffee
Rosarito Beach Online
* Rusty Spokes Bike Shop
* RAW CLOTHING
* Paradise Point Resort and Spa
* Pacific Beach Best Western Hotel
* San Diego Ocean Reports
* Pacific Beach
* San Diego Beaches
* San Diego Visitor Information
* North Pacific Beach
* Ocean Beach
* World Famous Restaurant
* A Day with LHR Clothing
California Beach Girls and Swimsuit Models, 92109 #2
* LHR Beach Girls #3
* MMP Productions.com
* Typhoon Saloon & Big Bertha's
* Pacific Beach Online August 2003
* Bicycle Discovery Bike Shop
* Atomic Shoes Garnet Ave.
* Atomic Trading Company Clothing
*Miller Lite Bikini Contest #2
* Miller Lite Bikini Contest #1
* Anotomic Rag Vintage Clothing
* MILEAGE CLUB WEAR
* Crystal Pier and Hotel
* Miller Lite Bikini Contest Finals
* Mileage Clubwear Fall and Winter Clothing 2003
* Rosarito Beach Hotel
* Anna Brazil Bikini's
* PAPAS and BEER Rosarito
* Rosarito Beach History
* LA RACK Casual Clothing
* Mercedes and Stephanie Photo Shoot
* Maddie Moon Designs Fashions Shoot
* San Diego Travel Guide
* San Diego Hotels *
* Mission Beach Girls Jessica
* LA RACK Fashion Shoot
* Pacific Beach Vacation Rentals
* Best of Pacific Beach Photos #1
* Ocean Beach Octoberfest 2003
* Best of Pacific Beach Photos #2
* Pacific Beach Fest 2003
* Best of Pacific Beach Photos #3
* Jessica South Mission Photo Shoot 1
* LA RACK Fashion Shoot #2
LA RACK Fashion Shoot #2
*South Mission Beach Photo Shoot #1
* Mission Beach Girls South Mission Photos 1
* Mission Beach Girls South Mission Photos 2
* Mission Beach Girls South Mission Photos 3
* RUM JUNGLE Internet Cafe & Juice Bar
* Picoso Mexican Restaurant
* SAN DIEGO HOTELS -Master Links Page
* FOXPLORATION Studio Tours, Rosarito
* Festival Plaza Hotel, Rosarito Mexico
* MEXICOACH Mexican Transportation
* Mission Beach Girls - Gabbie, Tiffany, Laurie,..#1.
* Mission Beach Girls - Gabbie, Tiffany, Laurie,..#2.
Mission Beach Girls -Gabbie, Tiffany, Laurie,..#3
* Mission Beach Girls -Gabbie, Tiffany, Laurie,..#4
* Mileage Clubwear Fashions and Fun Photo Shoot
* Seacoast Square Executive Suites / Offices / Retail
* Best of Mission Beach Photos #4
* El Nido Restaurant -Rosarito Mexico
* Rosarito Mexico Scenic Photos #2
* Baja Chat Internet Cafe Rosarito Mexico
* Cabrillo National Monument and Park San Diego
* Cabrillo National Park and Monument
* California State Parks in San Diego
* San Diego County Parks
* Rosarito Mexico Local Phone Numbers
* RosaritoBeachOnline.com SITE MAP
* How to Buy Real Estate in Mexico
* Rock and Roll Taco -Rosarito Mexico
* San Diego County Parks and Attractions
U.S. State Dept. - Mexico Travel Information
* Mount Soledad Scenic Overlook and Memorial
* Mission Beach Girls Charlene, Carla, Pacific Beach
* Mission Beach Girls visit Cabrillo Tidal Pools
* Pacific Beach Boxing / Cardio Gym
* Tidal Pools of Baja California
* Las Rocas Resort and Spa -Rosarito Mexico
* SD Job Info.com
* Best of Pacific Beach Photos #5
* The Big Squeeze Juice Bar Cafe
* Society Billiards, Pool Hall, Cafe
* Mission Bay Water Sports Camp
Best of the Beaches Photos April 2004
Pacific Beach Online -March 2004
* World Curry Restaurant Pacific Beach
* MIZU Sushi Mission Beach
* Endless Summer Surfing Adventures -
*Best of the Beach Photos #7
* La Jolla Childrens Pool -Scenic Photos
* A day at the Beach -Mission Beach Girls 4-24
* Balboa Park -Museums, Attractions, Scenic Photos
* Mission Beach Girls Charlene, Kami, Kristen, PB
* Maddie Moons Summer Fashions
* 944 Magazine
* San Diego City Website
* Happy Surf Magazine
* Ocean Beach Farmers Market
* 2004 "PB" Pacific Beach Block Party
* The Krishna Cafe, Boutique & Gift Shop
Pacific Beach Camping & RV Park
* Best of the beach photos #8 MAY 2004
* Queen of Surf -Womens Surf Contest 2004
* Cafe Yen Asian Cuisine PB
Isola Tapas Bar and Lounge Pacfic Beach
Daddios Restaurant 4656 Mission Blvd
* Paper Doll Salon 1263 Garnet Ave
* An Afternoon with LHR Clothing #2
* Mileage Clubwear Summer Fashions 2004
* Pacific Beach Jet Ski & Boat Rentals
* Happy Barrels Surf School
* Pacific Surf.org Surf School
* 2004 Pacific Beach Block Party
* 2004 Fourth of July
* 2004 Over The Line #1
* Ocean Beach Peoples Co Op & Deii
* 2004 Over The Line Tournament #1
* 2004 Imperial Beach Sandcastle Contest #1
* 2004 Imperial Beach Sandcastle Contest #2
* Pacific Beach Online June 2004
* Melrose Pacific Beach Clothing & Body Piercing
* A Day w/ Mission Beach Girl Laura
* 2004 Over The Line Photos #2
* Atomic Clothing Fashion Shoot 8/21/2004
* Mission Beach Girls 8/21/04 South Mission / Belmont Park
* A Day in Imperial Beach / Volvo Sandcastle
* Belmont Park & Giant Dipper Roller Coaster
* 2004 Queen of Surf Contest Pacific Beach
* 2004 Fourth of July Photos #2
* aPRODUCTIONSdotNET Nightclub Page
* 2004 AVP Pro Volleyball Mariners Point
* Lahainas Beach Bar & Grill
* Calafia Historic Landmark, Hotel Baja Ca
* Puerto Nuevo Baja Mexico "Lobster Village"
* Black's Beach Torrey Pines Glider Port
* Windandsea Beach w/ Laura & Kirsten
* Windandsea Beach La Jolla 6800 Neptune Place
*Cafe Milano 711 Pearl St. La Jolla
Partner Link Exchange
* 2004 OMBAC Longboard Classic
* The Cream of the Crop Boutique
* Cream of the Crop Photo Shoot #1
* Surf Club Women's Fashions Fall 2004
* Surf Club Surf Shop Pacific Beach
* La Jolla Village Online
* San Diego Links Page
8 Rosarito Animal Shelter Needs Help -Article
* The Green Flash Restaurant
* KONOS Surf Club Breakfast
* EZ J's Sandwich Shop in PB
* 2004 Pacific Beach Fest Photos
* Rosarito Childrens Center Baja Mexico
* PANGAEA OUTPOST 909 Garnet Ave
* A Trip to Rosarito W/ Laura & Charlene
Sinbad Cafe & Hookah Bar 1050 Garnet
* Trip to the Rosarito Childrens Center #2
* Best of The Beach Photos Summer 2004
* Best of The Beach Photos Fall 2004
* Rosarito Children article #3
* 2004 Pacific Beach Christmas Parade
* Rosarito Childrens Christmas Parties 2004
* Mission Beach Girls Belmont Park Mission Beach Dec. 18
* Online Swimwear Shopping, Swimsuits, Bikinis, Beachwear
* Garnet Area Shops and Clothing Stores
* China Inn Chinese Restaurant
* The History of Mission Beach
* Flashbacks "Fashion Revisited" Clothing Store
* Buffalo Exchange "New and Recycled" Fashions
* The River Clothing Store
* South Mission Beach w/ Mission Beach Girls Jan 2005
* Flashbacks Fashion Shoot Jan. 21 2005
* Sunsplash Swimwear Boutique Pacific Beach
* Rosarito & Tijuana Children Shelters Article #5
* The River Clothing Photo Shoot Feb 5
* Javanican Coffee House Pacific Beach
* Theo's Pizza and Subs PB and OB
Zanzibar Coffee House & Gallery PB
* Lacy's Boutique & Clothing Store PB
* Zanzibar Coffee House & Gallery PB
* Shuz Boutique 1043 Garnet PB
* Electric Chair Salon & Primitive Kool Gallery OB
* Pacific Beach Online January 2005
* Dog Beach in Ocean Beach
* Best of The Beach Photos January 2005
* Tijuana Orphanage for Girls Article #6
* Hamels Surf Shop Mission Beach
* Lola Luna Clothing Boutique Ocean Beach
* Tijuana Childrens Orphanage Article #7
* Seaside Cantina - on the boardwalk
* La Crosse Wisconsin Photos
* Melrose Pacific Beach Photo Shoot March 4 #1
* Melrose Pacific Beach Photo Shoot #2
* Cafe 976 Coffee House PB
* Rosarito Tijuana Childrens Easter Article #8
* Monster Surf & High Tide Photos 3-15 2005
* Pink Zone Clothing Pacific Beach
* La Jolla California Scenic Photos
* Shell Beach La Jolla Photo Shoot
* Pink Zone Clothing Photo Shoot 2
* 2005 AVP Volleyball June 10-12 Mariners Point
* Mission Beach Girl Clothing
* Day with the Mission Beach Girls & Cheap Retals
* Rock 105.3 Bikini Contest 2005 #1
* Road Trip to Venice Beach, Santa Monica & Laguna Beach
* Socal Beaches Magazine
* 2005 Pacific Beach Block Party
* The Wave House Bar, Grill and Wave Machine
* 2005 Pacific Beach 4rth of July Photos #1
* 2005 Pacific Beach 4rth of July Photos #2
* 2005 Mission Bay Over The Line Photos #1
* Mileage Clothing Summer Fashions Photo Shoot
* 2005 Imperial Beach Sandcastle Contest Photos
* Socal Beaches Magazine Fashion Show #1
* Socal Beaches Magazine Fashion Show #2
* Sunset Cliffs with Mission Beach Girls Nikki & Meenakshi
* A day in Mission Beach w/ Elisa & Courtney
* San Diego Beaches w/ SoCal Helicopters
* A day with SoCal Helicopters #2
* AVP Pro Beach Volleyball website
* Codewear Clothing
* Pacific Beach Surf School
* Pacific Beach Surf Shop
* 2005 Taste at the Cove Fashion Show / Skateboard Expo #1
* 2005 Taste at the Cove Fashion Show / Skateboard Expo #2
* Miguel Lopez Pacific Beach Boardwalk Artist
* Vegatarian Answers.com
* San Diego City Guide
* Animal Protection & Rescue League
* www.PacificBeach Online Index #1
* Gringo's Cantina, Bar & Restaurant
* TOWER 23 Lounge 723 Felspar
* Charlie's Baked Bread 1808 Garnet
* Robb Field Skate Park Ocean Beach
* JORDAN "Surf Sky Spirit" Restaurant
* REALS - A Comprehensive Real Estate Directory
* Pacific Beach Online Yahoo Directory
* A day in Mission Beach w/ Natasha & Sarah
* Mission Beach Yahoo Links Directory
* Mission Beach Yahoo Directory
* 2005 Beanies & Bikini's Snowboard Jam and Bikini Contest #
* 2005 Beanies & Bikini's Snowboard Jam Mission Beach #2
* Liquid Eyewear
* A day in Laguna Beach with Tiffany
* A day at Moonlight Beach in Encinitas
* Pacific Beach & Mission Beach Sunset Photos
* Ocean Beach with Melissa, Briana & a 1949 Woddie DeSoto
* Pacific Beach "PB" Bar and Grill
* Premium Southern California Bodyguard Protection Services
* A day in South Mission Beach w/ Karis
* The Ocean Beach Pier Cafe
* 2006 La Jolla Car Show
* A day with Sirena, Cidney & a 1956 Chevy
* Hip Hair Salon & Piercing 1039 Garnet Ave
Copyright ©2000-2006 Homes.com, Inc. All Rights
is one of the
largest Internet real estate sites with hundreds of thousands of homes for sale and apartment rentals with photos,
descriptions, and relocation services. The advertisers and publishers are not responsible or liable for misinformation,
misprints, or other errors. All information provided is deemed reliable but is not guaranteed and should be independently
verified. Properties subject to prior sale or rental.